RED SOX CELEBRATION

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Allan Goodman

RED SOX CELEBRATION

Post by Allan Goodman »

"The Curse of the Bambino" is gone forever, but "The Curse upon 'LA BOB'" seems to get worse. On October 22nd he was calling Tony LaRusso "baseball's consensus best manager", and on October 29 he is saying "I've never been a St. Louis Cardinal fan". Even some clarification of "THE FACTS" by Ken Warshaw doesn't seem to have had any impact. Still sounds like a "CONFUSED LOSER" to me. I am afraid that the LA Smog has had an incurable effect on "LA Bob's" thinking. I was hoping that with some shaking of the head, perhaps spending some time in San Diego or Boston (perhaps a trip to the "Temple of Baseball - Fenway Park"), he could cure the illness, but it only seems to get worse.

The World has acknowledeged the overwhelming performance by our Red Sox. In the Honor of the many Great Red Sox Baseball Players and Fans all over this country, may the Celebration only continue. San Diego has Red Sox Sports Bars, and a great Celebration continues here. Hopefully we can honor the San Diego TRIO - Lucchino, Steinberg, and Epstein - whose execution with "brilliance" eliminated "The Curse" in such rapid order. Our hope now is that they (The TRIO) can give us insight so that the San Diego Padres can someday eliminate their "Curse" and bring a World Series Championship to San Diego so that San Diegan Ted Williams (from Heaven) and all of the other Red Sox Fans here (today everyone seems to be a Red Sox Fan) can Celebrate the end of the "Curse" for our Padres as well.

CONGRATULATIONS BOSOX,

Allan Goodman, Camp Alton 1944-48

San Diego, California

acegood@aol.com