Bad silver lining

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Richard Rosenthal

Bad silver lining

Post by Richard Rosenthal »

It's unfortunate that it took last week's events to trigger me finding this hope page dedicated to Camp Alton, but is there always a silver lining...?

As i read the messages posted here and see the list of names, I get chills down my spine. Didn't Joel Orris throw a no-hiiter against DeWitt on a controversial call? Remember when Steve Barg was awarded a 25(35)? Is Brecker still serving green spaghetti at those post camp NY reunions?

Hopefully, many of you remember the Rosenthals of Rockville Centre? If you do, can you beleive Donald was awarded the 50 at his senior rush, and that I had the biggest choke of my life during mine. Were there any brothers who were both awarded the 50 in camp history? To this day, I still feel it.

The smell of pine needles when it rains, the taste of green, or blue, bug juice, the smell of the A-field. Memories still sweet.

Was it me, or was Dusty an asshole if you didn't play soccer? Who knew there was no computer in Laconia adding up[ each day's score. Just thinking about camp brings a flood of memories.

Any who remember us, please write back, I would love to catch up.
Rich "Rosy" Rosenthal

rrosenthal@firstfinancialtrust.com