A Great Idea!!

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Kimani Dilday

A Great Idea!!

Post by Kimani Dilday »

On a whim, I typed Camp Alton onto my browser and my first hit was THIS site. Bless the person who put this site up! I was a camper from '82 till '88 for those who remember me, starting in Bunk P with Laura Rosenthal and Steven Ross I think as two of my three counselors that year and ending with Myles Richard and the Old Doc in 1988. . I remember the first night I got to camp in 1982, I wouldnt come out because the bugs were biting my freshly cut head. Memories are plenty, most of them good, from getting awarded my first 1 to my 25 my last year at camp.I remember leading the fight song two years in a row for the grays during the sing and hopping into the water off the boating dock the two years that we won in succession.
I know Danny Rabinowitz wont soon forget that fateful trip day when I "bumped my head and called my mommy" (this was how it was immortalized in a Campfire night song sung the following Sunday). Danny, my mother told me that you called my old residence in Boston when my brother Shango was going through some legal trouble. I do appreciate that you took the time to call my house, even though I didnt speak to you personally. A belated thanks to you.
This is getting kind of long. A few more things: Deckland, the former couselor who supposedly trolled the shores of the camp, Ramo saying "Dont pick the Effing grass," but mostly 8 great summers that I spent in the New Hampshire wilderness.

"Fight on, O Alton Gray team, smash through the green, with a fury never seen..."

Oh, FYI, I still keep in contact with Sekou Allen, who is married and living in Virginia. Keith Mohammed went to college with me and I see Kenny from time to time when I am back in Boston

Atiba.Dilday@der.state.wi.us