Circass

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Larry Miller

Circass

Post by Larry Miller »

Hi everyone. I need to jog some memories for the different games we used to play at the annual Circass. I know some of the obvious such as crayfish races, counselor dunk and necco roulette. But can anyone think of some others. I'm trying to set up a company outing and I'm thinking along these lines. Hope to get a few responses.

Thanks, Larry

P.S. Any volunteers to go to the bridge and find some actual crayfish for me?

lmiller@salemglass.com
Jerry Benn

Re: Circass

Post by Jerry Benn »

I remember the Pie Eating contest. You must use the Blueberry Pie from the Yum Yum Shop.

jeremyb500@aol.com
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Don't forget the tootsie pop toss!

a.e.kaplan@att.net
Uncle Moish

Re: Circass-blue-berry what?

Post by Uncle Moish »

How many of us pie eating contest winners [and runners up?] recall what else was purple not long after that contest!
Hope you all are well. Have a good fast a week from Sunday [T'sha B'av].
Uncle Markie
p.s. I don't say "easy fast". The value of things too easy last at most fleetingly. A lesson we all learned every camp season.

mark@lgpltd.com
Gary Scharoff

Post by Gary Scharoff »

Don't know if you found the Almanac article posted on the site about Circass it is at <A HREF="http://www.campalton.com/circass.html"> ... ss.html</A> The menu choice at the bottom of the first page under TRADITIONS gets you there. It is from 1972 but it does cover a lot!

As for the crayfish...I hope to get up there in 2 weeks - if I can get down to the rocks and to the dock I'll see if they still hang out there!

Regards,
Gary

gms@pipeline.com
DDD

Post by DDD »

Larry asked about crayfish.

Unfortunately, AFAIK , the crayfish population in Winnipee is sadly diminished. Acid rain and all that. ;-)

DDD

[url=http://www.copyright.com]Dave's Work Place[/url]
ddavis@copyright.com
Bob Fine

Post by Bob Fine »

Dear Larry, Inappropriate as it may now be, I fondly remember Phin Tobe taking three contestants on a trip to Niagra Falls. Three contestants were blindfolded and funnels placed at their waists. Phin always demonstrated the fine art of dropping a coin from the forehead directly into the funnel prior to the begining of the contest. Niagra Falls entered the picture shortly after the unsuspecting contestants, Greens probably, started practicing with blindfolds. Now, you will have to use Evian Water and be prepared for lawsuits for emotional distress, but it will still be worth it.

Susanbobfine@aol.com