NOT EVERYONE CHEERED

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Uncle Moish

NOT EVERYONE CHEERED

Post by Uncle Moish »

I didn't and couldn't. For ME to do so would have been an act of ingratitude.

No matter what the circumstances [including death], for the greatest nation in the world's Commander in Chief to be forced out of office before the term has expired is simply too distressing.

Yes, I recall [sadly] hearing the cheer as well as where I was. Later I learned that such a reaction was not replicated in the camps with whose teams Alton competed. To this day I wonder if there was a sociological [rather than genetic] explanation for this difference.

This is buttressed by the fact that most often pollsters can interview 1,000 individuals and predict within 1% how 150,000,000 persons will vote.

Good Yom [Sh'mini Atzeret/Simchat Torah]
Uncle Markie

mark@lgpltd.com
DDD

Re: NOT EVERYONE CHEERED

Post by DDD »

Hi all, and especially Uncle Moishe.

That was before my time at Alton. (It occured during my 18th birthday party, coincidentally).

At the risk of exhuming a controversy long buried -- but now renascent? Fitzgerald's indictments are due out tomorrow -- I was and am of the opinion that President Nixon criminalized (or, attempted to criminalize) not only politics, but vast swaths of the federal government, specifically the IRS and the FBI.

Arguably, the denouement of the Watergate Affair saved the American experiment in republican democracy. For a while.

While the fall of a President (or a Vice President, or an Attorney General...) is not itself an occasion of joy, the restitution of democratic institutions is to the good.

Now, shall we go on and revisit the Vietnam question? ;-)
Uncle Moish

DAVID, WHY REVISIT SOUTHEAST ASIA?

Post by Uncle Moish »

THE 3 MILLION VICTIMS OF THE CAMBODIAN KILLING FIELDS HAVE FOR THREE DECADES "SPOKEN" LOUD AND CLEAR TO ALL WILLING TO HEAR. [And why were the killed after America's withdrawal rather than before?]

Ma' Salamah

mark@lgpltd.com
3FW

Re: NOT EVERYONE CHEERED

Post by 3FW »

What the heck does this have to do with camp?

3.finger.willie@calegends.com