Remember when ......

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Sid

Remember when ......

Post by Sid »

Hey guys,
Anyone remember when Boston had a basketball tradition ? The Celtics, wasn't it ? Actually, I'm only kidding but, with the excitement here in Philly I harken back to the old Flyers-Bruins rivalry. Why do I bring this up you ask ? Well, I'm glad you asked. With the entire sport's world writing off the Sixers as dead on arrival (at L.A.) I remember the Stanley Cup Finals in 1973 when there was no way the upstart, expansion Flyers could compete with the mighty Bruins led by Orr, Esposito, Hodge , Cheevers, etc. But the Flyers had a gap toothed kid named Clarke and a World beating goalie and a unfathomable amount of heart. Sound familiar ?? It should.
Moral to the story: Don't ever accept conventional wisdom on face value and always beleive in the power of the little guys.
Best regards to all and go SIXERS !!!!

mclevy@xpnonline.net
The Jerkin One

DREAM ON

Post by The Jerkin One »

I am glad you can dream about Sixers glory but they are gonna be crushed like bugs!!! Just like we used to Crush the Greens in SING every year!!

nyncboy@mail.skyrunner.net
Uncle Neil

Re: Remember when ......

Post by Uncle Neil »

Iverson ain't not Prize Camper Sid!

neilbrier@hotmail.com
ntpf

Post by ntpf »

he definitely would have been a green

nick_cassway@icdc.com
Sid

Post by Sid »

A Green, no way ! Unlike the other side, you had to be potty trained to be Green.

mclevy@xpnonline.net
Jeff Goldman

Post by Jeff Goldman »

Sid, I always thought the reason the Flyers won that year had everything to do with Kate ???? singing God Bless America. I do not remember the Flyers having any talent! In fact, I think my street hockey team, which won the Alton DFG league in 1973, could have beaten the '73 Flyers. But typical Philly guy, living in the past.

Hope all is well. I have little time to read this web site as of late since Jake arrived in February. A beautiful son to go with his two older sisters, and life is complete (and hectic beyond belief!).

And hello to all other Altonites reading this!

Goldman@tht.com