Kimby, Doctoroff, et. al.

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Uncle Markie

Kimby, Doctoroff, et. al.

Post by Uncle Markie »

To "round out" Sam's reference to Deputy Mayor Dan Doctoroff, the latter's late father, Marty, was my first counselor - Bunk G-1 1953. I should say "our" as my bunk-mate then [and for several summers thereafter] Judge Michael Kupersmith, discovered and posted Martin's appointment as, I believe, an Associate Federal Appellate Justice in Michigan as well as his sad demise too soon after Mike's original posting.

Marty Doctoroff was attending Harvard in 1953, an institution whose reknown this then ten year old did not fully appreciate but for whose teams I strongly then began and continued for years to root out of loyalty and gratitude to Counselor Marty.

Sam, excuse my ignorance [perhaps Shavuouth which commenced Sunday night is partially responsible for my having been "out of the loop"], but just what were the reports connecting Kimby with the Big Apple's chance of fielding the Olympics?

Best to all,
Uncle Marky

P.S. Marty's daughter in law, Alisa, is President here in Manhattan of the Heschel School.

mark@lgpltd.com
sam miller

Re: Kimby, Doctoroff, et. al.

Post by sam miller »

Markie:

Kimby is the director of operations for NYC2012, and was on TV discussing the city's new plans for Queens.

maulmule@hotmail.com