Mike Fox

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Marc Kasher

Mike Fox

Post by Marc Kasher »

Dear Alton community,

It is with much sadness that I am informing you of the passing of an Alton legend, Michael Fox. Mike passed away yesterday, April 13. He was a loving husband and father, a prize camper in 1962, and a football player at Harvard. He was a good friend to all who knew him.

If you wish to send his wife Pam and family your condolences, their address is:

98 Love Lane
Weston, MA 02193

marc_kasher@yahoo.com
DDD

Re: Mike Fox

Post by DDD »

How very sad. He was a cool person.

DDD

ddavis@copyright.com
Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mike Fox
  • Post by Gary Scharoff »

The link below is todays obit for Michael...I remember Michael well. My first year at camp in 1970 was also the year of my Bar Mitzvah..and I remember meeting with Michael during rest to practice for my Bar Mitzvah which was 3 weeks after getting back from camp...I have many fond memories of Michael and was shocked and saddened to hear of his death...we have lost another great Alton Alum...

Gary

[url=http://www.legacy.com/bostonglobe/Legac ... Id=3419890]Boston Globe Obit[/url]
    gms@pipeline.com

Tony Gillott

Mike and the Limey

Post by Tony Gillott »

1970 was my first and only year and I remember Mike very well indeed.
    It was Mike who gave me his time to explain the history and culture of summer camps in the USA and in particular Camp Alton. I appreciated that so much because as a very green (M1 was Green!) Limey my visit to camp Alton was a serious culture shift.
    There were some weights in a building at the end of the bunk line on the right on the way to the beach and I can recall spending some time with Mike bench-pressing some weights together and chewing the fat.
    I also can recall something that he said to me as I was wheezing under about 35 pounds and he was punching 5 times that, "Most people think that I am doing this to impress Pam, but the real reason is that they are putting me up against Geoff, (the big guy) in the wrestling and I want to make sure that I am in good shape for that!
    I am sure that during his life since then he approached every hurdle in the same way, with total focus and commitment.
    My heart goes out to Pam and their families and I will remember Mike as someone who gave me some of that precious gift, time.
    With a sad heart,
    Tony Gillott

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
    The Jerkin Josh

Re: Mike and the Limey

Post by The Jerkin Josh »

FATSCHTICK BABOON and now
    LUCA BULVAN.....

Say it ain't so!

nyncboy@email.skyrunner.net
    Tony Gillott

Tie Breaker!!

Post by Tony Gillott »

I didn't understand a word of that!
    But, how about as a Green/Grey tiebreaker we run a competition of how many words of four letters or more we can make from the post!!!!

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
    Carl Goldberg

Re: Tie Breaker!!

Post by Carl Goldberg »

Wrestling Night Legends