America Forever

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Bob Aronoff

America Forever

Post by Bob Aronoff »

Josh Jerkin --

Ambiguity is intentional as "you" read matters. "You" read as "you" see. I don't like to impose my ways on others; I prefer others to come to their own conclusions, decisions or whatever. It was my point not to tell "you" how to vote but to "arm" you with my thinking. You should feel free to reject that thinking 100% (at your own peril, I might add) or to any degree of acceptance. Yes, I'm hard to pin down. I'm presenting you, the reader, with options in your thinking. Take what you want and reject what you want. I mean no disrepect for whatever comments I make. To go a step further, I'm very appreciate of your comments!

Let me repeat, speaking of the world, the only thing standing between stateless terrorism (as a political means for whatever ends) is the USA, whether Bush or Kerry or Repubs or Demos are running the show. I would hope that both support Israel for reasons other than it's a "Jewish" state, that support for Israel doesn't evaporate when push comes to shove (the US has never sent troops to defend Israel but "stands ready to defend Israel anytime" -- how's that for ambiguity!), that Israel doesn't consider itself so isolated as to act in a manner which undermines its best ally, America, and so on. Bear in mind poll after poll in Europe pinpoints Israel as "the" problem in the Middle East! If not for the US, Israel wouldn't be a sunken ship.

I think my thoughts are clear as to where I stand, however you interpret them.

If I can insert a little humor into this serious subject, in Israel a lady comes into the meat market shop to buy some kosher meat and her favorite butcher warmly greets her "Mrs Goldberg, how's everything today"? She replies "I have no complaints today". The grocer says, "That's too bad, I feel so sad to hear about that. You have my sympathy".

aronoff@sbcglobal.net
Uncle Moish

Joined at the Hip

Post by Uncle Moish »

Bob and Josh,

The ties binding you guys are extraordinary.

Chief's wife Rose, our beloved "Mrs. M.", was universally preceived of as a caring, grandmotherly figure.

Josh's "Grandma Phoebe" was in that same league. [Who could forget her/her car at that post-camp amusement park get-together - 1976!]

Moreover, Grandma Phoebe and Rose Marson were closest of friends, from childhood as I recall.

We are all in this [world] together; let's unite and find a way to persevere.

Shabbat Shalom,
Uncle Markie

mark@lgpltd.com