Bob Aronoff

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Bob Aronoff

Bob Aronoff

Post by Bob Aronoff »

Well, what do you know. Miracles aren't just for 34th Street -- give up 8 errors and 11 runs to get two wins? Will the Sox "reverse the Curse"? This corner isn't betting on it. Six straight wins is something the Sox can't handle. In stock market parlance, they are a good "short sell" right now. These 2004 misfits are playing so far over their heads they don't know what cold reality is ... but it's coming as surely night follows day.

Of course, dumb luck has proven it can beat skill and so far that's "the story" of the 2004 World Series.

aronoff@sbcglobal.net
Allan Goodman

Re: Bob Aronoff

Post by Allan Goodman »

Two Down and two to go. Yet my friend "LA Bob" Aronoff continues to preach doom for the Team which represents his former home town - Boston. In addition to dominant victories, the SOX make 4 errors in two days. My theory is that committing these errors early in The Series, while they are winning, will get "Errors" out of their system, so that they don't repeat the "Johnny Pesky" and "Bill Buckner errors in the last game that cost the BOSOX the earlier series. This is 2004, and the doomsayers better get ready for the Red Sox to bring the World Series Trophy back to Boston.

On another note, I am appalled at Uncle Markie's reference to Kerry-Edwards as two excellent Lawyers. If that is the "Standard of Excellence" in the Leagal Profession today, then we are all in deep trouble. Give me Hilary anytime to either of these two.

My response is not to debate the Election, but to wish the San Diego led Boston Red Sox continued success in the quest for a World Series Championship. May the Camp Alton Alumni join me in supporting the Red Sox, so that the Camp Alton Alumni are not the only group in New England not supporting the Boston Red Sox.

Allan Goodman, San Diego, Calif.

Oct 24, 2004

acegood@aol.com
Allan Goodman

Re: Bob Aronoff

Post by Allan Goodman »

Three down, one to Go! With the San Diego leadership (Larry Lucchino,Charles Steinberg, and Theo Epstein), with a greatest group of Baseball Players, and with the greatest Fans in Baseball, the RED SOX are well on the way to returning the World Series Trophy to Boston. A significant amount of preparation went into this Great Victory. For example, the Red Sox sent Jeff Suppan to the Cardinals so that he could lose the third game badly. They are doing their part, as well as our San Diego Padres who sent Woody Williams to the Cardinals, to lose the first game handily.

My only concern is that as the BOSOX get closer, "LA Bob" is sinking further into a state of severe "Depression", in part because of the LA Smog, and in part because of the DOMINANCE OF THE BOSTON RED SOX, over his newly adopted St. Louis Cardinals.

On the side "LA Bob" has been saying nasty things about his former hero, Tommy Lasorda, and "The Greatest of them All" - Tommy's close friend SAN DIEGAN TED WILLIAMS. Somewhere in Heaven, Ted Williams cannot hear "LA Bob's" nasty remarks because of the huge Boston Crowd cheering and celebrating over this great Sport's Triumph. Right now Ted Williams is busy sending brilliant advice to his successors on the Red Sox, but soon he will join the Crowd Dancing in the Streets of Boston, in honor of the return of the World Series Trophy 2004 to the "Temple of Major League Baseball" - FENWAY PARK.

Allan Goodman, Camp Alton l944-48

San Diego, California

acegood@aol.com