"The" Curse

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Bob Aronoff

"The" Curse

Post by Bob Aronoff »

No question about it, Goodman spent too much time on the rifle range (behind the athletic field). The Cardinals laid a curse on the Sox in 1946. They repeated so in the 1967 Series. In 2004 St Louie will put away Boston with solid hitting and pitching with baseball's consensus best manager, Tony LaRusso, leading the team.

That LA smog Goodman talks about is to protect us from his imagination that Boston can unload "the" curse on the 2004 Series.

If Ted Williams was so great -- and he was great -- the Red Sox won only one pennant with him in the line up. Ken Warshaw (message board Oct 22) has it right, Boston suffers from poor management in the front office and on the field. That's the real curse.

aronoff@sbcglobal.net
Allan Goodman

Re: "The" Curse

Post by Allan Goodman »

One down, three to go.The Red Sox showed that they are a great team, and have a tremendous drive to win. I hope that continues. In addition to sending the TRIO- Lucchino, Steinberg, and Epstein- to the Red Sox to make the Red Sox Win, San Diego sent Woodie Williams to the Cardinals, which certainly helped the Bosox tonight. He looked as bad as he did when he pitched for our Padres several years ago.

I wonder if LA Bob Aronoff has been able to get the "SMOG" out of his Brain, enough to begin to root for the Red Sox. If the Brain is damaged beyond repair, then he'll probably be voting for Kerry-Edwards as well.

Best wishes and thanks for this great Web Site. It brings back a lot of great memories.

Allan Goodman, San Diego, CA.

Camp Alton 1944-48

Oct. 23, 2004

acegood@aol.com
Uncle Markie

Re: Bob Aronoff's Good Heart and Sensitive Mind

Post by Uncle Markie »

Al,

As you were a colleague of Bob's a bit before my time [you guys in the 40's, me not until 1953] you surely know Bob as a good hearted person with a VERY sensitive mind, a combination obviating falling for the Kerry-Edwards hype to which many youngsters, attempting to attain and adopt seemingly moral positions in an immoral world, will succumb.

Alas, those two being "good-lawyers" ["Noah was righteous man in his generation"], let's accept the inevitable and look at the bright side of things: we won't be seeing Hillary running for anything significant in 2008.

Pitz Schvitz

mark@lgpltd.com
Mel Kohn

WHY THE SOX MUST LOSE

Post by Mel Kohn »

I am writing this, in my heart of hearts, hoping against all odds that the Red Sox will win the world series. But, alas,it can never be. I fear that the Sox will win three games in a row and then lose four in a row. What else would fit the "curse" or more accurately the historical record. Boston is a Puritan home where predestination is king. Like the Puritans, even though all is already ordained, Sox fans must wish to win, knowing that they will lose. Suffering is all important. Sox fans are champions here.

By the time you read this it may be 1-1. Ok, nothing will really change. I suppose then it will go back and forth with the Sox making the error in the ninth....

John Winthrop...Anne...help us please.

MHK0711@AOL.COM
Allan Goodman

Re: WHY THE SOX MUST LOSE

Post by Allan Goodman »

I respect the "Puritan Wisdom" of Boston, but San Diego, Calif. has lent Boston the Trio - Larry Lucchino, Charles Steinberg, and Theo Epstein (trained by the Genl. Manager of the SD Padres)- so that Puritan tradition can be broken, and the Red Sox can bring the World Series Trophy back to Boston. San Diego is additionally committed to see this victory in honor of the Greatest Red Sox of them all, San Diegan Ted Williams. Have faith Bostonians, it will happen in 2004.

Allan Goodman

acegood@aol.com
Tony Gillott

Lose shmose

Post by Tony Gillott »

Hi there guys
Forget who is gonna win, let me check the bookies over here and see if I can get an extra point on the betting!
I will keep you posted as to the odds.
Tony G

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Tony Gillott

Current odds

Post by Tony Gillott »

Hi there
Current odds in the UK are
To win the World Series
Red Sox 4/9
Cards 7/4

But to win tonight, the second game, the odds are:-
Red Sox 4/7
Cards 11/8
As usual the bookies are giving us 'Diddly sqwat'
But this is all irreverant as the Red Sox are going to win.

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
DDD

Re: Current odds

Post by DDD »

Diddly Squat should be the name of a Red Sox catcher from the 20's, or a wrestling night character- Bo Diddly Squat