Nixon's Resignation

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Mel Kohn

Nixon's Resignation

Post by Mel Kohn »

OK. I admit it. I made the announcement over the PA to the to the enjoyment of Markie and the anger of ownership.

mhk0711@aol.com
DDD

Re: Nixon's Resignation

Post by DDD »

Was Nixon ever used as a wrestling night character?
michael stone

Post by michael stone »

i dont think so..but some people from watergate fame were.....itchyballs cox (archibald cox) and jeb stuart meshugana (magruder)

stoneyfan@aol.com
Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gary Scharoff »

If Uncle Neil is following this he should know cause he was involved in a lot of the wrestling...

Neil - if your out there can you fill us in!

gms@pipeline.com
Uncle Markie

Then and Now [history repeats itself]

Post by Uncle Markie »

By any standard, the resignation of an American president ought not be the cause of anything but sadness. And not only was I sad to hear of the resignation [and by the way, Howie, I cried when Nixon defeated Hubert Horatio Humphrey, which led to the gradual but continual moral slide of the Democratic Party], but I was [also] sad about the chorus of glee. Hearing this I asked myself what had become of Jewish sensitivity and opined that there was no such reaction at our brother non-Jewish camps [which at subsequent athletic events I confirmed with coaches and/or staff].

I've just returned from a Peace Corps conference in Chicago where one of the sessions was entitled "Understanding Islam", moderated by a volunteer who had served in Yemen but whose four participants claimed to reflect the spectrum of the 6-7 million Moslems in America. They were, indeed, steadfast and proud, leading me to compare their present voting inclinations chronologically with the 2000 election [when, Howie, I voted for Gore, and, despite the "moral slide" for Clinton in an earlier race] and "ethno-culturally" with the Jewish community.

In 2000 the pollsters concluded that 80% of Jews voted for the Democratic ticket while 80% of Moslems went Republican. Now, apparently, the figure is 75%, but with both communities going for Kerry-Edwards. Why, I asked myself, were four out of five Moslems able to adjust to a changed reality but only one out of twenty Jews? I am tempted to say "because Moslems are more intelligent and/or pragmatic", but that could be termed racist. But if so [and notwithstanding the ability to extrapolate from a sample of 1,000 how 100,000,000+ will vote], racist for or against whom?

With [continued] sadness [not to mention disappointment]
Your Unc

mark@lgpltd.com
Howard Silverstein

Post by Howard Silverstein »

And don't forget G. Gary Markoff!

hsilverstein2@adelphia.net
Uncle Neil

Post by Uncle Neil »

Gary,

I was at Camp but I was not a Commissioner until the 1980's....several Presidents later...I think Stoney covered the Nixon era wrestlers, but I would defer to the Commissioners of the 1970's!

On another note, I am surprised that only a few people checked out the free hotel offer at <A HREF="http://www.goteambrier.travelogia.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.goteambrier.travelogia.com</A>. You really do not have to buy or sit through anything. It is a legit site to find great travel deals on airfares, cruises, hotel rooms and car rentals, but most important for those of us who do not like to spend a lot of money, the free 3 day/2 night hotel stay is for real...(unlike going on Mel and Neil's trips around the Lake, there are no catches like buying fudge for Mel....) you get to pick from about 20 different locations and the hotels are even nicer than the ones Uncle Markie stayed at in Asmara!

neilbrier@yahoo.com
john lubets

Post by john lubets »

I REMEBER THAT!!!!!!!!THE WHOLE CAMP CHEERED WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED,,,,

jlubets@yahoo.com
James Nussbaum

Post by James Nussbaum »

Yeah I remember that too...EVERYONE Cheered!!
What a summer that was...

Jimmy Nussbaum

nussb9@aol.com
Lubets

Post by Lubets »

i remember everyone cheered too. Thats all i heard. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! after they broadcast it over that wonderful PA system we had. i think i was like. whats that bunk m? n? but i know it was green, cause gray SUCKS. always has, still does, always will!!!

jlubets@yahoo.com