Wind Energy
These are the positings from the old message board !!

Rick Snyder

Wind Energy
  • Post by Rick Snyder »

Fellow Altonites,
    My friend Jim Gordon is involved with
    this project.I am interested in your feedback

[url=http://www.capewind.org]http://www.capewind.org[/url]
    rsnyder24@yahoo.com

Babbit

Re: Wind Energy

Post by Babbit »

I feed back in Chinatown..what does that have to do with wind energy?
    Rick Snyder

Post by Rick Snyder »

Babbit,
    You still haven't changed.
    Give me 10 Push-ups and a lap around the A Field.
    KenWarshaw

Post by KenWarshaw »

Rick,

The need for renewable energy sources is reaching a critical state. We (the US) are the world's biggest consumers of the planet's natural resources. Wind energy has already proven it's worth and in my limited knowledge of this proposed wind farm, the only dissenters are the NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yard) that live on the Cape near the site.

Unfortunately for them, this is not a case like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge or offshore oil drilling. There is no evidence that the environment will be harmed or that it will affect the commercial fishing industry or the spawning runs, the ONLY argument they have is that it will be an eyesore. Sorry, but in my humble opinion, a small blemish 5 miles offshore that will provide such huge rewards to our current energy crisis (read: our Imperialistic blitzkreig for foreign oil) that it is well worth it.

Tell you friend thank you for working on such a worthy cause.

Ken

kwarshaw@linwoodcom.com
    Gary Scharoff
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

• Post by Gary Scharoff »

I agree with Ken on this issue...but on the other hand - for the last 12 Summers we have rented a house on the cape - in West Dennis on Nantucket Sound and might(?) be a bit upset if my view of the horizon was filled with what looked like 100s of sailboats 24/7. This is a very ticklish situation because we all know that it is imperative that we find alternate energy sources and that there may be some toes that get stepped on or feelings or in this case views that are hurt but sometimes we must look at the overall picture.

In the case of this wind farm from what I understand is that all the energy produced is in fact for the Cape & Islands...and although they predict that most of the energy needs to be met it will not be all unless there have high offshore winds. I have a feeling that this debate may rage on for many years as it already has to this point...I know Ricky mentioned this a few years ago so I have followed it a little on and off...anyone that is interested in some very informative news articles on ths issue should check out the link below to the Special Edition of The Cape Cod Times Online - some really interesting information can be found there including the LATEST article dated today!

[url=http://www.capecodonline.com/special/windfarm/]Latest Info on Proposed Nantucket Sound Wind Farms[/url]
    gms@pipeline.com