New Sports Column - Kruk
These are the positings from the old message board !!

E-Lowy

New Sports Column - Kruk
  • Post by E-Lowy »

If you are not aware ESPN.com has a "Page 2" for columns and humorous antidotes. They also just came out with a "Page 3" that is more Entertainment than sports. The Sports Guy (Bill Simmons) is on page 2.

JOHN KRUK - THE JOHN KRUK - of YOUR PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES IS THE NEW PAGE 2 COLUMNIST.
    "EDITOR'S NOTE: John Kruk's 10-year major-league career? Just an apprentice-ship. All that time with the Padres, Phillies and (briefly) White Sox, Kruk, one of baseball's most colorful personalities, was prepping for his true calling: Page 2 columnist. Today, the newest member of ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" crew debuts his column with a down 'n dirty look at the Yankees' first showdown with the Red Sox this weekend." He also includes some good side humor. Here is a piece, I thought you would like:

Life at the Kruk house:
    Now that I'm retired from playing baseball, I can do some pretty cool things.

A few years ago, I had the honor of playing at Augusta National. Even eagled the 15th hole. I framed the scorecard, and my brother got me a picture of the hole. Really cool. Perfect thing to start a guy's golf shrine in his basement, right?

Wrong.

See, at my house, the basement is where my two-year-old is king. No fake putting green. No photos of all the tournaments. But about 1,000 toys. And it seems like "The Wiggles" are always on.

That's the kind of stuff I know now. Like this weekend, the weather is going to be great. Let's play 18, right?

Nope. More like, let's go see "Sesame Street Live!" in Trenton. No, seriously. That's what's going on.

But when I do come home and that kid comes running at me, shouting "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" ... Come on, no one would trade that for anything in the world.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ruk/040416]Kruk's New Column[/url]
    ericlowy@yahoo.com