Missed the boat ?

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Sid

Missed the boat ?

Post by Sid »

Yo guys, with today's release of the new major motion picture entitled "Camp", I can't help but feel that our own Mr. Cadiff may have missed a golden opportunity. Oh well, only the box office receipts will tell the tale.

I think there a millions of people out there that have their own cherished over night camp memories. Something tells me that this new movie might be tapping into something substantial. Too bad the movie isn't based around the Alton experience.

mclevy2@comcast.net
Uncle Markie

Re: Not Millions; Perhaps a Handful

Post by Uncle Markie »

In my six decades on this planet I have never hesitated to commence sharing/reflecting my [obsessive] feelings and experiences at Alton.

This "commencement" has usually been met with remarks like "Oh, yeah, I enjoyed camp too", but as I droned on and on ["like Megillah Gorillah"] I the reaction most frequently changed to "You must be exaggerating".

This would quickly change when the non-Altonite and I would invariably randomly stumble across another Altonite [expressing similar feelings, albeit more cogently].

This then would create a new convert whose beliefs would then become [in effect] "There never was [and, alas, never again will be] a camp/place like ALTON!"

Shabbat Shalom
"Reb" Brecker

mark@lgpltd.com
DDD

Re: Missed the boat ?

Post by DDD »

[Interestin find! Not quite spot on, but I take your point! Thanks. /DDD ]

movies.yahoo.com

Camp

Comedy and Musical/Performing Arts
1 hr. 55 min. This musical set at a summer camp for young singers, dancers, actors and musicians tells the story of Bert Hanley, a former Broadway songwriter who has to work at the camp because his career has burnt out after a series of flops. Inspired by the kids at the camp, however, Bert sees his chance to find success again by recruiting them to put together a new production. The long summer days at Camp Ovation are ripe with life lessons, fast friendships, jealousies and antics, along with the shocking discovery that there is an honest-to-goodness straight boy in the bunch.
Release Date: July 25th, 2003 (LA/NY/SF).
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for mature thematic elements regarding teen sexual issues, and some language.

ddavis@copyright.com
Mark Morris

Re: Missed the boat ?

Post by Mark Morris »

Not that it's relevant to Alton, but this story is based on a camp in the Catskills famous for it's music and acting. It was in fact made by a former camper there and filmed at the real camp. (Not that this is possible anymore for Alton). This Catskill's camp belongs to the uncle of a friend of mine from Stamford.

Maybe a re-release of Meatballs would work.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great summer. Regards all around.

mmorris@molinarokoger.com
Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speaking of Mr. Cadiff

Post by Gary Scharoff »

Found the following information on the latest project of the before mentioned Mr. Cadiff or Andy Cadiff as he is known in Hollywood...hope this project is better than his last Hollywood endeavour...Leave It To Beaver...at least the leading lady is better looking!

<A HREF="http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/ ... terfox.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/ ... fox.htm</A>

Check it out!

Gary

gms@pipeline.com