The Land that was once Camp Alton

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Jeffrey Supinsky

Re: The Land that was once Camp Alton

Post by Jeffrey Supinsky »

I'm taking my two sons on a camping trip to Mt. Washington on Aug 22 2003. So while doing some reading on the web I come across this site I never knew exisited. Wow I have chills running up my spine. To see this land with manisons being built on it only makes sense. It was just a matter of time before some developer discovered what any child who went to Alton already knew, "Camelot". Memories that my brother Gregg (munchkin)and I talk about all the time. I just spent the last two hours reading every story, looking at every picture. There will never be any place like it. the lessons learned,the special events ,and most important the people we've meet. Just last week I was telling the story to my kids and there friends about the Sail boat race I lost to "Sailing Sam" When Dov Ranah (?) and I sunk the Unsinkable boat. Wow "Camelot"

topofdhill2002@yahoo.com
Professor pledge

Post by Professor pledge »

Hey Richie...do I smell a bunk c2 reunion? I can still hear Jeffrey (M.H.R.I.P....AL-A-VA-SHALOM)singing "bunk c2" to the tune of "Maria". Wonder what the rest of that gang is up to....Goldberg, Sands, Sudden Sam Rothfeld, Beller...who else? Great to see you post a message...The Pledge.

jaxdadpeaz@aol.com
Lee Spenadel

Post by Lee Spenadel »

I was also sickened by the changes, but from a slightly different vantage point - the air. I'm a Private Pilot and was visiting a friend in Wolfboro one day. Before meeting with him I decided to fly over the old Camp. This was in Dec. of 2000, and while The Rocks, tree-lined dirt road and Nature Hut were recognizable, little else was. It was sad to see these fields where we once vied for each others "50" lined with trophy homes.

Guess that's what they call progress.

spenadel@comcast.net