Re: Cars and Alton

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Alan Cohn

Re: Cars and Alton

Post by Alan Cohn »

I remember that car, the '75 Scirocco. Bright orange. Cracked engine block, if I remember correctly. In fact, I remember you used to say that you kept a suit hanging in the back in case you ever had to go to traffic court.

I hope all is well.

Alan

cohna@georgetown.edu
Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Repost

Post by Gary Scharoff »

I had to repost the above message...it appears that we had maxed out the capacity of the website and the previous posting of this message after being viewed a few times caused the message to be deleted...

I have since fixed the problem (I hope) and it should not happen again...to UNCLE NEIL...this is probably what happened yesterday with your disappearing message!

Regards to all,

Gary

gms@pipeline.com
Alan Cohn

Re:CarsandAlton

Post by Alan Cohn »

Downhill. I don't think it made it much past half that going uphill.

cohna@georgetown.edu
Robert L. Cohen

Re: CarsandAlton

Post by Robert L. Cohen »

being a real old-timer (l955-58) does anyone have any information on what became of the two old camp cars, a '49 Chevy woody station wagon and the old gray Chevy Suburban?

bobscountrybunkr@aol.com
Jason Koral

Re: CarsandAlton

Post by Jason Koral »

Oh yes I remember that car very well - you were quite pleased with it until the second time you tried to start it. A couple of times you managed to rope me into trying to help you fix the thing, even though I knew nothing about cars other than what I had picked up from SpeedRacer cartoons and lawyer jokes on "Car Talk." It did drive pretty well when it started though.

Either that summer or the next I brought an 82 Accord which suffered severe damage to the exhaust system on the way to Camp, or at least some Carroll County auto shop managed to convince me that had happened. All I know is that it made a lot of noise till he replaced it. The next year, that same car with its shiny new exahust system was stolen from the streets of NYC (pre-Rudy) and yet another link with Camp Alton was broken . . .

koralja@hotmail.com