One Particular Harbor

These are the positings from the old message board !!

KenWarshaw

One Particular Harbor

Post by KenWarshaw »

Over the last (nearly) 15 years I have missed Alton. And unlike many of the other participants in this thread, I hold no ill feelings toward Peter or anyone else for the closing of camp. There is a time when all things must pass, and that time came for our utopia on the lake.

I became a Jimmy Buffett fan at camp in the early 80s (hard not to like Jimmy when you were around Big Dan every day of the week) and since those days I have collected albums, gone to way too many Buffett concerts, and even met Jimmy once at a Miami Heat game. And just last night I was listening to "One Particular Harbor" and was haunted by memories of Alton. There is a line in the title song that goes "Lakes below the mountains, flow into the sea, like oils applied to canvas, they permeate through me. And there's that one particular harbor, sheltered from the wind, where the children play, on the shore each day, and all are safe within."

We know he wasn't talking about Roberts Cove and Lake Winnepesaukee...but he could have been, couldn't he?

kwarshaw@linwoodcom.com