Peter G

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Adam Weisman

Peter G

Post by Adam Weisman »

Anyone interested in the latest on our former leader, Peter G., check out the following article on Boston University's Alumni website. (If you can't get directly to the article, go to bu.edu/alumni & click on "Boswell").

Best to all!
Adam Weisman

[url=http://www.bu.edu/alumni/bostonia/fall2 ... index.html]http://www.bu.edu/alumni/bostonia/fall2 ... index.html[/url]
ajwcaw12@yahoo.com
DDD

Re: Peter G

Post by DDD »

I have the Elvis bio in a nice casebound edition. I've enjoyed reading it very much indeed.

DDD

ddavis@copyright.com
Barry Silverstein

Post by Barry Silverstein »

"former leader"??? Hardly.

bsilver@arnny.com
The Masked Wrestler

Post by The Masked Wrestler »

But Barry he was such a great orator (Jingles that means speaker - by the way whatever happened to Jingles.....I thought by now Rodney would be do impressions of him)!
michael stone

Post by michael stone »

you meant the book that somebody titled...."the book that killed camp"..

b silvy is right..he was no leader...a real leader would have told many people that the camp was in trouble and it needed to be helped....but thats an old whine i guess...

i do know peter is highly respected aand rightfully so for his music writings....i remember seeing johnny shines play the rec hall...didn't mose allison perform as well....

peter was always very nice to me,which is appreciated...but i would rather had him be a dick to me and have camp live...

stoneyfan@aol.com
Neil Rubenstein

Post by Neil Rubenstein »

This is a subject that I wish had not been brought up. Bashing Peter without his ability or even wish to defend himself is wrong. We will probably never know the true reason Peter decided to close camp. I have heard rumblings over the years from several people that this was not a financial decision. In fact the reason for closing that was passed on to me was so tawdry and un-Altonite that it made me physically ill.

Camp is closed. We all have wonderful memories (or most of us). We made life long friends by sharing an experience not many others have--as witnessed on this message board.

Let it go...please

Ruby

nrubenstein@rwcom.com
Dan Rabinovitz

Post by Dan Rabinovitz »

The thing that most people ignore is Peter didn't decide to close camp. He decided he didn't want to run it anymore. He was one of 3 owners. When he informed the other 2 owners he didn't want to run camp anymore, the other 2 owners decided they wanted to sell the land, rather than try to find someone else to run it.

Be upset that camp is closed (with 2 sons I am)but don't simplify it by deciding "Peter closed camp". And as Neil said........let it go.

Finally, did Barry Silverstein consider anyone a leader at camp?

drabinovitz@dwyercollora.com
marc garber

Post by marc garber »

Barry Silverstein, and D-Berk, were leaders in their day . . . on the soccer field, in baseball, and the Rush. In fact, they're famous for posting the only goose-egg in Rush history: no senior flags brought over in 1973.

Trash aside, Barry raised and, I think answered, in one word an issue on many people's minds. Some may disagree, but give Barry his due.

mgarber@alston.com
Dan Rabinovitz

Post by Dan Rabinovitz »

Oh, I see. Because he hung out with a Berkman and let the soccer coach cuddle with him, he was a leader? Please.

drabinovitz@dwyercollora.com
michael stone

Post by michael stone »

OK..i will let it go....but it just pissed me off when i heard how many people were willing to put up lots of money and save it..thats all......peter was a helluva leadoff hitter and he was fast as the wind.....

by the way nice reset on myles aand his pets...a bit of a cheap shot at b silvy though

stoneyfan@aol.com
Dan Rabinovitz

Post by Dan Rabinovitz »

Hey, you want to play be prepared to pay.
Neil Rubenstein

Post by Neil Rubenstein »

Gentlemen,

We are not 15 any more. Can we try to keep a positive tone? There's already enough nastiness going on around us in the world.

I think of this message board as my brief respite to the stress of business and some of the ugliness on the evening news.

I've already been dodging bullets for the last month!

Ruby

nrubenstein@rwcom.com
Markie

Re: Native American Hebraics

Post by Markie »

Am back from the so-journ [yes, Connie, I am in the phone book but, alas, no longer listed as "Pitz Schvitz"] and catching up on the message board.

I am reminded of a saying in a [recurring] solicitation from a Native American organization:

"Don't judge another person until you have walked a mile in his moccasins".

I believe our sages of old inscribed in the Book of Psalms [in Hebrew, so this is a loose translation]j: "Judge not your fellow man until you come into his place."

B'ahavat Alton,
Reb Moish

mark@lgpltd.com
Uncle Neil

Trying To Understand How It Would Work

Post by Uncle Neil »

Have you told the judges in the NYC court system about all of this walking in the defendant's footware? What if the person on trial had really small feet and the judge had really big feet?

neilbrier@yahoo.com
Markie

Re: Trying To Understand How It Would Work

Post by Markie »

Neil,

You know that would deFEET its purpose.

Musa el-Musawei
p.s. Few judges would get a kick out of it.

mark@lgpltd.com