Peter G

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Barry Silverstein

Re: Peter G

Post by Barry Silverstein »

Boy, go away from the site a few days and miss all the excitement. I'd like to get a few things straight; Blanked in the '73 rush - guilty. The most pathetic performance of all time. I remember Steve Kohn outside of I2 at the end of the rush saying the greys didn't even deserve flags, he was probably right. As far as Myles J. Richard goes - guilty again, the original pet from when he was a CIT in M2. Old news, no damage done in this case. As far as Peter goes, I stand by my belief that he was never a real leader, Chief was the only true leader of that camp and once he died, it was downhill. Peter was nice, distant, and not really that into it. I doubt he would even dispute that. Now a question, why do we have to be so nice on this site? Is this the same Alton group I knew? One of the things that made Alton great was its spirit, humor and rivalries. I guess we could all sign our messages with smily faces, but I think I'll pass. Finally, who is Dan Rabinowitz and what is he so pissed off about?

bsilver@arnny.com
Markie

Re: P G/Restraint Needed

Post by Markie »

Barry Babes,

This site is available to the public, not all of whom are cognizant of the tongue in cheek humor and hyperbole of Altonians.

Because real damage can be done, and because this web site is so important [vital to the likes of yours truly who has yet to "get a life"], we must save our [feigned] vitriolic venum [spell check anyone?] for events and times when we [all too infrequently] gather together "face to face".

Best wishes on your move to suburbia,

Uncle Markie

mark@lgpltd.com
Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gary Scharoff »

<CENTER><STRONG> VITRIOLIC </STRONG></CENTER>

vit?ri?ol?ic adj.
1. Of, similar to, or derived from a vitriol.
2. Bitterly scathing; caustic: vitriolic criticism

Very good Uncle Markie...<FONT COLOR="ff0000">A+</FONT>

<EM><SMALL>Source: The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright ? 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.</SMALL></EM>

gms@pipeline.com
michael stone

Post by michael stone »

i never got a flag......anyway you are right about the humor and such...that was the alton spirit..making fun of everyone...from connie martins dildo..to the fialkows..to lila rupps big tits.....to the biafrans in I1.....hell we made of jeffereys weight for years...and uncle markie was never made fun of...cha.....

barry,as far as dan rabinovitz....a real good guy...i would guess 6-7 years younger than you...heavy set as a youngster....from boston....a good saxaphonist if my memory serves me correct...and a pretty good athlete....( i hope i pegged you right danny)

and where in suburbia is the infamous b silvy moving to

stoneyfan@aol.com
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

more like trumpet . . . by the way I got the rush plans my I year and still loved the Rush.

LR@thebenjamins.org
Joel Orris

Post by Joel Orris »

Hey Stoney,

Get it right Danny is a terrfic trumpet player and I had the pleasure of jammin with him at my wedding. Tommy G. was the great saxaphonist.

jasperl@att.net
Dan Rabinovitz

Post by Dan Rabinovitz »

Stoney:

Trumpet, saxaphone what's the difference. You had the "good guy" part right (and the "heavyset" part too).

I have a perfect solution for the B. Silvy controversy. One fall, NY or Boston. We can sell tickets, you can do the play by play and I'll bring my own ladder. And I'll try to stretch it out so everyone gets their money's worth.

drabinovitz@dwyercollora.com
michael stone

Post by michael stone »

oh well...i scewed up on the horn.....sorry joel....take me off the bwackin honor roll

stoneyfan@aol.com
Wingfoot (Jeff Goldstein)

Post by Wingfoot (Jeff Goldstein) »

Agree with Stoney, Peter was impossible to keep off the bases. Did Fialkow ever go home?
Adam Weisman

Post by Adam Weisman »

I feel somewhat responsible here since I'm the poor schmuck who posted the message in the first place. I did not mean to fan the flames of those who are bitter about the ultimate demise of Alton, nor put others in the position of feeling that they have to defending Peter. All I was trying to do is share something that my mom found on the web becuase I felt it might be of interest to the Alton Nation (remember...Peter, music....). OK, I used the word "leader", but that is what he was while we were there--Peter was in charge, period.

I thought this site was set up to share the good times of Camp Alton, to re-establish ties, and share news. I didn't bargain for bitch, piss and moan about something that happened 10 years ago. Silly me!

General Powell's autobiography lists 13 sayings that he abides by, one of which is quite appropriate: "Get mad, then get over it".

Adam

ajwcaw12@yahoo.com
Howard Fialkow

Not from Rick Snyder

Post by Howard Fialkow »

I am home. I am still trying to figure out how to back a car into the garage without ending up in the living room...or am I Donald...I still get confused....why do I have to go home????

Howard@fialkowindustries.com
General Colin Powell

Post by General Colin Powell »

I would trade all my sayings for the 50! No jail breaks for Saddam this time around!

generalpowell@whitehouse.gov
Tony Gillott

Rush Blood

Post by Tony Gillott »

Howie
Is it you or your brother with the blood in the 1970 rush picture.
I know that I taught one of you swimming in 1970.
Hope that you are well.
Regards
Tony Gillott

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Markie

Re: We Fell for It

Post by Markie »

TONY,

As I began a [private] e-mail to the Fialkows, I mentioned that, as it might be a hoax, I would not write more than that I owe them [at least] two apologies, but would await a return message indicating whether it was a valid e-mail address [Connie?].

It turned out to be no more of a transmission than the one "responding" to Colin Powell [who seemed to finally be "getting it"]. Alas.

As I owe the same two apologies to many others, Howie and Donnie, let me express it more publicly. You telephoned me [a mere nine or ten years ago], and, like the klutz I am, I wrote down the wrong number as I simultaneously erased the message. I do not apologize for this; such things "happen" [frequently].

But I made no effort to get Long Island telephone books and/or take other steps to track you down. M'chillah.

I read subsequently that your father passed away [down south, I believe]. I again did not follow up. What makes my avareh deeper is the many times you guys [and many others] in the summer of 1972 when I was saying kaddish for my beloved dad, took copious quantities of time out from Alton's exquisite schedule to insure my fulfillment of this mitzvah. M'chillah again.

Howie and Donny, you will find this cite; sooner or later all Altonians do. But in any event, to many of you, many many, whom I have so wantonly similarly treated, I ask forgiveness [m'chillah].

Guys, as I recall, neither of you weighed at birth more than 2 pounds, 1 3/4 and 1 1/4, respectively, as I recall [No, I was not present!] Surely your survival ain't something to be taken forgranted.

Tony, we may have fell for it. But it surely provided an opportunity. Best to you, your wife, your daughter [and anyone who did not make it with you to Philly the summer of '01].

Many thanks,
Uncle Moish

mark@lgpltd.com
DDD

Re: We Fell for It

Post by DDD »

Uncle Markie, I always enjoy reading your messages, even when I can't make head nor tefillin of them! ;-)

DDD

PS: Once upon a time, did I see a supposed court filing with your name on it that was laden with camp alton schtick ? Was that real or what? Or did I imagine it?

ddavis@copyright.com