New Addition

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Gary Scharoff
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Addition

Post by Gary Scharoff »

It may not be <STRONG>The Alton Brothers</STRONG> but I have been able to return to the site a Joel Orris rendition of Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Taking Care Of Business" from a music night in 1978...

It works best with Microsoft's Media Player...so I hope you have it and take a listen...

I am working on a video(converted from 8mm film) from 1959...I will let you all know when it is ready!

Enjoy!!

Gary

[url=http://www.campalton.com/music_night_1978.htm]Music Night 1978[/url]
gms@pipeline.com
Jake Alton

My friend Clint Orris

Post by Jake Alton »

oops. Joel Orris was an Elwood too. I had to fire him though, the night he threw up on himself and crashed his car as he made the turn onto Roberts Cove Road. It just wasn't the image the band was looking for.

gsofb@hotmail.com
Joel Orris

Re: My friend Clint Orris

Post by Joel Orris »

Is it the image of the band to employ personnel who due to alcohol related incidents had an extended stay in Schenectady, Ny motivated by his strength and conditioning coach Yakov Daniel. Ido realize that in later years he was kept in line by his personal manager Connie Salerno.

jasperl@att.net
Connie Salerno

Re: My friend Clint Orris

Post by Connie Salerno »

Nothing happened, honest.
Uncle Moish

Re: Connie Where Are You?

Post by Uncle Moish »

Dear Connie,

A great bonanza stemming from some of the more frivolous "give and take" on the message board occurs when someone like YOU [whom many think about but seldom hear from/of] suddenly surfaces.

I immediately went to the directory, but see you did not post your name, no less an e-mail address.

Am sure I'm not the only one who wants to share some updates [as well as reminiscences], so do sign up ASAP.

Miss ya,
"Reb" Mark

mark@lgpltd.com
Adam Weisman

Re: New Addition

Post by Adam Weisman »

I believe this was actually 1977. I played (rather poorly) rhythm guitar backing Joel on vocals, and the music counselor (Steve?) was playing lead guitar. I can't remember who was on drums.

I do recall the name of the band...ALEX 2000.

Best to all....
Adam

ajwcaw12@yahoo.com
Connie Salerno

Re: Uncle Markie

Post by Connie Salerno »

Wow. I can't believe you even remember me. I certainly do remember you though. Do you still live in NYC? Sometimes my work brings me into the city and I end up spending the night by my self. If you reply directly to me with your phone I'll call you next time I'm in the City and maybe we can get together for a drink.

Consal@aol.com
Mark

Re: Connie, what's with your computer?

Post by Mark »

On Friday before rapidly "closing down" [with Shabbos approaching] I tried to E-mail you [clicked on the e-mail address of your posting - no need for everyone to be subjected to all the logistics] the following:

"Am rushing. Sundown's a coming.
Next week taking my [thank G-d healthy 87 yr. old Moms] to California to see my dad's niece who has had leukemia for over a decade.
More to follow.
Maricos [my Ethiopian name]
P.S. When you hit New York will cook up some Ethiopian food. Neil Brier can provide a seal of approval. He's left academia and just moved to Brooklyn. Jon Kaufman and I will visit him tomorrow night. Hopefully when [if?] you come to sample my culinary talents [or lack thereof] they'll join us. Shabbot Shalom.
[Also hope you're still strongly into those aerobics!]"

Today I find a message that mine of Friday had not gone through. Could you [directly] e-mail me a better address? Have a great week.

Markie [a/k/a Pitz Schvitz]

P.S. Neil took us to a Yemenite [Kosher/Halal]restaurant with pictures from Yemen [Sa'adaa] of the same people I found on my 1988 Middle Eastern trip. Jon Jon found all of it [to use his phrase] "awesome".

mark@lgpltd.com
Connie Salerno

Re: Connie, what's with your computer?

Post by Connie Salerno »

Markie:

I've been having trouble getting e-mails lately. Are you listed in the phone book? If so, I'll call you when you get back from taking your mom on vacation.

I'd love to have some Ethopian food with you when I'm in NYC. No offense to Neil (who I'm not sure I remember) and Jon, but I'd rather do it with just us, if that's ok. And yes I am still heavily into aerobics.

Consal@aol.com