Almost One Year - Remember Andy Kates

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Paul Kates

Almost One Year - Remember Andy Kates

Post by Paul Kates »

Dear Campers:

It's amazing that almost one year has passed since I lost my beloved brother Andy in the hooror that was/is 9/11. I just wanted you to know that his kids are wonderful and his wife(my sister-in-law) is the strongest person that I know. Andy would have rejoiced in all of the wonderful messages that get passed across this web site and he is the one that guided me here in the first place.

FYI - if any runners are in the Philly area for 9/15/02 (day of Yom Kippur), I will be dedicating the Philly LD Run (1/2 Marathon) to Andy's honor, much in the same way that we did the Philly Marathon last November (In fact, I will be wearing the same shirt - YES, I WASHED IT SINCE THEN - Camp days are far behind me as well). I know that his time would have been much better than mine will be, but he would have done the same for me...or any of you.

All the best to you all
Paul Kates

kates@lucent.com
professor

Re: Almost One Year - Remember Andy Kates

Post by professor »

Paul-I can honestly say (and I am sure I am not alone) that I think of Andy almost everyday. I lost touch with Andy (we were co-counselors for two years) after I left Alton in 1984. I last saw Andy at the reunion at camp several years ago. He was a very impressive man. God bless you and your family. Steve

jaxdadpeaz@aol.com
Uncle Neil

Post by Uncle Neil »

Paul,

Like the Prof and many others, I often think of your brother though I too had lost touch with him since my Camp Alton days. As I might have written to you, I had a second cousin, Lisa Grodberg, on the plane that was hijacked, a tragic coincidence. Next week I am moving to Brooklyn (275 Webster Ave.). Please let me know when you are in the city so we can get together.

Do you still fish every day before breakfast?

neilbrier@yahoo.com
Paul Kates

Post by Paul Kates »

Uncle Neil:

I am also sorry for your tragic loss.

I have not picked up a fishing rod for the last 10 years or so as I have been doing other things before breakfast (mainly waking up). I live in Manhattan (86th and Broadway - close to my sister-in-law's apartment). Drop me an email when you are in NYC.

You may not recognize me since camp..

Paul

kates@lucent.com
Uncle Neil

Post by Uncle Neil »

I've walked past your apartment many times and didn't know it! Plan on lunch at Gray's Papaya or dinner at the Ghion with Uncle Markie. I will send you my phone number when I get a phone...see you soon - even if I don't recognize you! I on the other hand was already old when you knew me, so I probably don't look much different!

neilbrier@yahoo.com