Way to go, Amigos

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Tony Gillott

Way to go, Amigos

Post by Tony Gillott »

Hi All
Great result against Mexico.
In the last 8, bring on Deutschland!!
Good luck, see you in the final.
Regards
Tony Gillott
PS
The Mexico match kicked off at 7:30am here in UK time, that must be about 2:30am Eastern Seaboard Time

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Mel Kohn

USA and England

Post by Mel Kohn »

Well, the English did send Germans (Hessians) to the colonies to help defeat the Patriots. Is it just coincidence that the Germans again are coming in so that they can create a situation where the English hope to not have to face the Americans again? Now, if team USA beats Germany...will history repeat itself???

mhk0711@AOL.COM
Tony Gillott

Smart A*s Response

Post by Tony Gillott »

Mel
I wished that I could have come back to you with a really Smart A*s Response, but I couldn't and it's Taps over here now, and I have an early viewing in the morning.
So let me just echo everyone's wishes that it's 2 great games tomorrow. With of course the better two teams going forward.
Good luck and see you in the final!!
Regards
Tony

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Tony Gillott

Reality

Post by Tony Gillott »

Well guys
The reality is that it all stopped at the last 8!
I guess you could say that the USA did better than England because they lasted 5 hours longer!

I would like to say that I wish our guys had as much heart and fight as your guys did. Your guys gave everything and came a lot closer than we did, we were all cheering you on, shouting in the pub, drinking warm beer!

Ironic, England beat Germany 5-1 in Germany in the qualifiers and Germany only got through on a wild card and now they are in the last 4 in front of both of us.

Well, Wimbledon (tennis) starts next week, we can cheer on someone else.

Well done the USA, your guys did you proud.
regards
Tony Gillott

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk