celtic pride

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Professor

celtic pride

Post by Professor »

The better team won. They have more talent. The 76ers still suck. Lakers in 4.
Sid

Re: celtic pride

Post by Sid »

The Sixers may suck but, the difference is that we don't give a rat's ass.
By the way, when's the last time the Red Sox won the world series ??????? Been about a century hasn't it ??

mclevy@xpnonline.net
Steve Professor Poverman

Post by Steve Professor Poverman »

The Sox are indefensable. We can and do brag in May, and cry in September. We can not say anything after 84 years w/out a championship.

jaxdadpeaz@aol.com
Paul Kates

Post by Paul Kates »

The Celtics, like the Bucks last year, lived and dies by the 3. At least the Sixers made the Finals last year. The Celtics will always suck, from here to Eternity. I won't even stoop to insulting the Red Sox because you already did. A few more trades and the Celtics might actually deserve another shot.

kates@lucent.com
Professor

Post by Professor »

Pual-I have to agree with you. I can not stand the brand of basketball the Celtics currently play. It is horrible to watch. Of course during the season we all have our hopes up, but now that it is over for them, let the truth be told. It would not surprise me, based on the way they play, if they did not even make the playoffs next year. Anyway, I do appreciate your passion for the game, as well as your hatred for the Celtics. It makes this more fun. Does anybody still call you barefoot? I think it was Jimmy Slater who used to call you that back in 1976.
Paul Kates

Post by Paul Kates »

Professor:

I am as frustrated as you with the Sixers and I have been a season ticket holder even though I live in NYC. I go to all of the weekend games.

No one still calls me barefoot. Funny thing happened when I left Alton - I lost weight and became somewhat of an athlete. That has partly to do with the passion for running the rock, because I tend to play every chance I get (even though I am too old to do much damage now).

I think that the celtics and the Sixers will still make the playoffs but both of their brands of basketball need some serious overhauling if they are to make a run at the west. Hell, I have placed a week's salary on Tyson to win by KO within six and the lakers to win in Five - these are sure things (OK, maybe not the first!). But the East needs some more Jason Kidds infused within it to make the basketball more exciting.

Your thoughts/disagreements as always pepper up my day.

Paul

kates@lucent.com