J. Floyd

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Joel Orris

J. Floyd

Post by Joel Orris »

As I sit here this evening thinking about Jeffrey, there are so many memories that have brought a constant smile to my face. (way too many to list) When I describe Jeffrey to my friends, one thing that always comes out is "he was the funniest man I ever met. Years after my incident on the mound against Belknap, Jeffrey would always introduce me to people as his pitcher who he had to yank out of the game due to a small attitude problem. Jeffrey always made IE athletics an adventure, especially his method of basketball reffing. Jeffrey always had the shtick working even when he was coaching our baseball team and we always heard "there will be wholesale changes" or "squeeze it Winey". On wrestling night it was always a treat to see Son & Grandson of Fatshtick getting their ass kicked and everyone chanting "Fatshtick Fatshtick" until Jeffrey came to the rescue. The late night Dunkin Donut rides with the boys after wrestling night.
As Grandson stated today, Jeffrey was the master of the one liners, too many to list. Two years ago, I visited Jeffrey in the hospital and I walked in the middle of a discussion with him and his doctor about his sugar level. Two minutes after the doctor left, Jeffrey turned to me and said "Tanta , you know the routine, the chinese restaurant is two blocks down on the left." Well big fella, for the last time, "Put a Goodyear up your ass, tie a cord around your navel and God hope to hell you fly!!" I am going to miss you very much!! Thanks for help making the Alton experience one of the greatest ever. I know you are up there reminisicng with the Ol Doc.

jasperl@att.net