Injustice

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Richard Rosenthal

Injustice

Post by Richard Rosenthal »

I apologize for my continued butchering of the English language and have offered a corrected question: What did you feel was the greatest INJUSTICE during your time at ALton?

How about being asked to play a girl's sport like soccer instead of loafing in the bunks playing backgammon all day?

rrosenthal@firstfinancialtrust.com
Sid

Re: Injustice

Post by Sid »

Soccer is a "girl's sport" ? Maybe in your day but, not in mine. Besides that, the way the women's game is played today is almost parity to men's soccer. It certainly takes a tougher brand of athelete to play a sport like soccer vs. a "game" like baseball. Those baseball guys are some athletes, once around the bases and they head for the oxygen mask.
All spoken in good fun, no offense intended.
Sid

mclevy@xpnonline.net
Richard Rosenthal

Sounds like someone who was on one too many 'D' teams.

The Professor

Post by The Professor »

I made a living on "D" teams. At least until my senior year when my basketball skills improved enough to upgrade to the "B" team. Why wasn't there an "A" team for Drama?

jaxdadpeaz@aol.com
Uncle Neil

Sid, it's ok to offend!

Post by Uncle Neil »

Sid,

Don't be so apologetic, the best defense is a good OFFENSE!

Gee, a lot of people around the world attend the World Cup of Backgamon....Sadaam Hu(in)sein, Mumar Ghadaff(k)i, Yasser Ara(chicken)fat....!!!

neilbrier@yahoo.com
Uncle Neil

Professor!

Post by Uncle Neil »

Professor,

Ever notice how many A teamers got D's in school and how many D teamers got A's in school?

....me neither!

neilbrier@yahoo.com
Sid

Post by Sid »

Never was on a D team in my life (actually all A's if my memory serves). Just a former soccer player (NCAA Div I, Major Amature) and current coach and local club board member taking offense with your attempt to be insulting.

mclevy@xpnonline.net
Richard Rosenthal

I apologize for any insult derived from my comments. It was more of an attack against a well known, albeit un-named I-2 soccer loving counselor, who was so narrow minded and mean that close to 25 years later I still harbor resentment towards him. Soccer is a pretty good sport, just one that I didn't love as much as others.

Deklin

Soccer sucks

Post by Deklin »

In my day, it was a common thing to hear soccer players trying to decide whether to "kick around" or "take it up the ass" We just accepted them for who they were. But there was never any qustion that most soccer fanatics had taken it that way at least once. Most of them, several times.

Deklin@hotmail.com
Uncle Moish

Re: Divisiveness S[t]ucks

Post by Uncle Moish »

Mr. Deklin,

Unless it is being processed, you seem to fear openly revealing yourself [and your whereabouts] by signing on to the Alton Directory. Perhaps you are somewhat ashamed. If so, there is hope [considering what I had heard in 1980].

I know it is wrong for me to judge based, initially, on hearsay. But that hearsay, the scurrilous item you just posted on our web-site, and your on going refusal to reveal your present] identity and whereabouts, all fits together.

We are now entering the festive season of many faiths, all with, I believe, the theme of redemption. Join the directory, acknowledge your verbiage [as well as its subject matter], to be totally inappropriate, and recognize the essential necessity today of unity.

Mark Lewis Brecker

mark@lgpltd.com
Paule

Post by Paule »

Uncle Moishe,

The message in question has obviously been posted by an impostor with a poor education, as his name was actually spelled Declan. Declan was a couselor briefly in 1978 with a propensity for Danish and other pastries, I recall, and I think he may have surreptitiously canoed by camp in pre-Camp 1979. My last memory of Declan was Bruce Novak running up the Camp road with a baseball bat. And, of course, the Old Wazoo (and his sweater, too) included a verse about him in the 1978 Green Team comic song to the tune of "I love you a bushel and a peck":

"Declan dear, we're glad that you're not here, glad that you're not here,
You're a strange young man we fear, strange young man we fear, with no WSI...
Declan and Mickle..have got into a pickle..." Or something like that. The rest is a blur.

paul@levitanfamily.com
SBarg

Sing Lyrics

Post by SBarg »

Has anyone catalogued Sing Comic lyrics from over the years? Is it only me that can't hear Maxwell's Silver Hammer without thinking about Cess Pools overflowing (Green's 1970)? I nominate Paule' to build the archives. Second?

steven.barg@csfb.com
Tony Gillott

My confession

Post by Tony Gillott »

"pink eye everywhere, smelly dirty underwear"
that is my sole contribution to the lyrics, but my major contribution is that according to Nurse (Lynn Holt, I think) I was the first and it was I who spread the pink eye around the whole Camp.
Sorry guys!!

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Tony Gillott

Post by Tony Gillott »

With regard to the many messages posted about soccer fanatics may I suggest that the person who is posing the questions attends a soccer match in the UK and carries out a definitive survey so that, once and for all, this matter is proven beyond all reasonable doubt.
May I also suggest the possible venues and in particular the specific areas of the stadia.
Maybe, the Stretford End at Old Trafford in Manchester, the Shed End at Stamford Bridge (Chelsea) in London or The Kop at Anfield in Liverpool.
I would be most interested in hearing the results of this market survey!!!
PS
All of these stadia hold anywhere between 45,000 and 65,000 soccer fanatics and I am sure that they would value his opinions and respond in a positive manner!!
PPS
May I wish you guys all the best the forthcoming World Cup, in Japan and South Korea, just so long as you don't do to us what you did in the 50's in Bel Horizonte in South America

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
The Professor

Post by The Professor »

I THINK STEVEN SCHILLER SANG PART OF THAT SONG AS A SOLO...THE PART ABOUT THE PICKLE.

jaxdadpeaz@aol.com