1 "A" Teamer and 1"D" Teamer

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Wingfoot

1 "A" Teamer and 1"D" Teamer

Post by Wingfoot »

Hello to all from sunny south Florida. Truly Amazing how my brother Jonathan and I can still admit that a death is still a creyfish and that the guy sitting at the next booth gives us 2 Bobby Kerstein points. Camp tradition lives on and the spirit of now coaching baseball still lives within me. Remembering Stoney and I coaching 15 y.o. baseball team and never breaking the Belknap chant of B-E-L-K-N-A-P or going to Dewitt to here Potato Chips Potato Chips Munch Munch Munch, Who Do We Think Is A Mighty Fine Bunch... these chants have certainly gone away and yet still is enforced on my son Corey's Little League team as I remember the old spirit. However I do have a delimma, my oldest child certainly destined for all A teams and a possible would be 35 or 50 (flag rush) when he would turn 15 yet my younger son, Chad (age 6) appears headed for each D Team ever assembled and looks like he will be a guard (flag rush) assigned to the jail, look forward to every hiking trip and could hang all day at the nature hut. I myself have now opened my eyes to all possibilities and used to frown on those "D" teamers and if ever an opportunity for a camp reunion I would be sure to thank all those "D" teamers for coming to Camp Alton as their memories lives on as well as mine.

In final, the passion we shared at counselor snack with our radios getting reception to listen to the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies where have all those fans gone. Farewell and stay in touch.

Wingfoot (1970-1980)

giantblue11@hotmail.com
marc garber

Re: 1 "A" Teamer and 1"D" Teamer

Post by marc garber »

My brother, Alan (Skank), and I (Gerk) want to know who the hell is "Wingfoot"?

And who concocted the word "misjustice" without getting any grief from anyone posting on this website?

mgarber@alston.com
Wingfoot (Jeff Goldstein)

Post by Wingfoot (Jeff Goldstein) »

Who am I? Camper/green team 70-74. Counselor 75-80. Coached 15 y/o baseball w/ Doc...brother Jonathan..nicknamed Wingfoot in 71 by I believe Tony Levitan while playing Egg Foo Young Ball in the corral. The name lives on from time to time, but for most part has been thrown onto the fire.
Neil Rubenstein

Post by Neil Rubenstein »

I always thought it was Bobby Kerstein who named you wingfoot, but you would know better.

Ruby

nrubenstein@rwcom.com