the real skinny

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Joel Orris

the real skinny

Post by Joel Orris »

I really do need to suck up to my wife-don't believe that imposter who writes under a jasper e mail address. Let's put it this way, for anyone who remembers this moment, remember when Big Jeff came out to the mound to take me out of the 15 year old baseball game and I threw my glove, stormed off the field and threw a tantrum down on the upper camp bunkline? Well, I haven't thrown my glove down in a long time. And the tension is building.

jorriss@hotmail.com
Joel Orris

Re: the real skinny

Post by Joel Orris »

Is it the real skinny or the real fatty who is using my name in vain? By now, everyone knows it is not me because these messages are too well written for my limited use of the english language. Where's my plunger?

jasperl@att.net
Uncle Moish

Re: More about Big Jeff

Post by Uncle Moish »

Joel,

You had a big mitzvah calling Jeff last week. He very much appreciated your call [and others, but they have not been "posting"].

For those who have not received recent updates, let me provide the following [which Jeff has authorized].

About three weeks ago Jeff was scheduled to have procedures done to both feet. Afterwards he left me a message that it went successfully, and only later did I learn [when he came home] that they only worked on one foot [and then sent him home].

I had been calling him every day and a half [or so], including Saturday night [February 2nd]. Sunday morning he called me saying that after we spoke he experienced severe chest pains [a not too uncommon occurrence after exchanges with yours truly] and was hospitalized. The good news is that over the past week they have ruled out any new [obvious?] coronary problems.

However, while there [and perhaps it is lucky he was "under scrutiny"], they found that the foot on which the operation was performed had become infected.

Jeff is now undergoing some heavy doses of anti-biotics and is not sure when he will be going home, if he will be sent for rehab/convalescense, etc. But he has [as I indicated before] given me the green light [even to his fellow grays] to give out his present number: 610 - 645 - 3195. He never knows when he may be moved to another room/area, so if you call and get "someone else", you can reach the switchboard [which will put you through to him] at 610 - 645 - 3195.

Uncle Markie

P.S. My cousin, Jonathan Friedman, was at camp 1977, 78 & 79. Tomorrow I'll be attending the funeral of his mother-in-law. Lung Cancer was the cause, as it was of his mother's passing 8 1/2 years ago. Both were murdered by the tobacco industry. Do not stand idly by being "kind" to loved ones, in the long run you will wind up being unintentionally cruel and will sadly regret your inaction. I surely do.

mark@lgpltd.com
Uncle Moish

Re: Correction Big Jeff

Post by Uncle Moish »

That switchboard number is 610 - 645 - 2000.
Sorry,
Faliable Fiasco

mark@lgpltd.com