What is the truth about Ed Ames?

These are the positings from the old message board !!

ted merritt

What is the truth about Ed Ames?

Post by ted merritt »

This is one for the older camp set....

While channel surfing the other night, I caught an old Ed Sullivan show with Ed Ames singing "They Call the Wind Mariah" (not Carey). I grew up at camp hearing that Ed Ames had been a kitchen boy before he went on to his illustrious career on t.v., including the famous Tonight Show appearance.

In the interest of separating folklore from reality, can anyone verify the truth of the Ed Ames/Charlie Saad connection.

Alas, if the Ancient One (Blessed be he) were still around, I could just ask him about this (and so many other things...)

And to Josh Tager, congratulations and much better name choice than Stoney or Phil Tager.

The Mouse

theodore.merritt@usdoj.gov
Uncle Moish

Re: An Ed Ames Snippet and Big Jeff

Post by Uncle Moish »

Yes, the older one gets, the more "coincidences" one experiences.

Approximately five [5} years ago I was at the annual meeting of the North American Conference for Ethiopian Jewry and a very funny comedian's presentation was quite humorous, but, for obvious reasons, was also quite serious.

For some [subconscious?] reason I went up to him afterwards and asked if he had attended Boston Latin School/knew Phillip Marson [maternal grandfather of our leader, P.G.]. At that point he not only acknowledged both, but volunteered having worked as a kitchen boy [as a result] on our sacred grounds.

I shared with him my [and Mel's] experience laboring in that same rather smelly area, albeit that was in the "post-Big Bertha" era. However, he could not reminisce, he had to go to his next function where [yes, Neil B., you guessed it] two of the attendees were Bonnie and Isaac [whose son Zamir at four, was privileged to spend a long weekend in the midst of 250 Altonians, and later made a {re} appearance via the comic song - the Green one, of course].

So, that's the story, and, while I have some of your eyes [and ears? - Your I's and Eeer's] let me again request you contact Jeffrey Greenfield by phone at 215 - 878 - 3334, or mail to 7307 Green Hill Rd., Haverhill-Philadelphia 19151. Jeff is experiencing some very rough going; we surely owe him this much. For decades Jeff had made [and continues to make] us laugh, often at his own expense for which he [and therefore we] are paying for at present.

Thank you for your attention and may we be granted a season of blessing and joy free from many of the horrors recently thrust upon us.

Uncle Markie

mark@lgpltd.com