Coverage of the Newton Bowl

These are the positings from the old message board !!

Mike Stone

Coverage of the Newton Bowl

Post by Mike Stone »

API-Newton Massachusetts,

In one of the most stunning comebacks of the post-modern era, the Gray team chalked up yet another victory over their inferior opponents, the Greens. After falling behind three touchdowns to the once mighty Green Team, the Grays led by Grant Hect (and flanked by the 2 permanent book end blocking backs, Mike Fox and Dan Rabinovitz) scored five unanswered touchdowns to cement the Grays tenth Newton Bowl victory in a row. The winning touch down pass was thrown by Dan Rabinovitz as his teammates begged him "No, not another Hail Mary!" However, when the final long ball landed in the arms of fellow Gray, Bull Lazaras, for the winning touchdown, the Grays began a celebration that lasted several hours. "I'm so sorry for yelling at him" Fox said of Rabinovitz. "I'm competitive and some time that shows" continued Fox, " but after leading us back from such a significant deficit, to a win like this, I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry and I'll never doubt his abilities again."

Other highlights of the game included Mike Fox throwing the block of the day (unfortunately on a member of his own team); Justin Levy continually begging Mike Fox throughout the day by exclaiming "Please don't protect me, this is my once a year beating and if I don't get it now I'm afraid what awaits me back in LA!" and David Fox, on leave from the marines, who kept doing pushups at the start of each play in order to psych his opponent out.

Stoney@aol.com
Mike Perkins

Re: Coverage of the Newton Bowl

Post by Mike Perkins »

I'm not quite sure that the 2 guys that didn't actually play in the game have all the facts straight. The gray team did indeed throw the last touch down but not the winning one.
Larry Miller

Post by Larry Miller »

I'm not quite sure what game these Newton Bowl reporters were covering. First of all, the Greens won handily and convincingly (7-3?). Not only did the Greens man handle the Grays, they did it with a 3-man disadvantage. Leave it to the Grays to try to gain the upperhand though. Some things never change. They've been biting and schtupping their way to victory for as many years as can be remembered. The game actually looked like a Varsity/J.V. scrimmage. I believe the Grays scored one real touchdown the entire day. One score was on an "out of bounds" touchdown, and another was on an "out of the back of the end zone" touchdown. I didn't think the Grays were going to come out of the locker room after halftime. I just hope next year, the Grays bring more to the table. They should start recruiting more beef (not to be confused with the GSFSB) and more animals (more than a couple Foxes) if they expect to ever overtake the Greens.

So to the Grays, keep practicing. And to the Greens, thanks for a fun day and another victory.

Till next year, The old bald guy.

lmiller@salemglass.com
Tony Gillott

Puzzled about the Newton Bowl

Post by Tony Gillott »

Please excuse a simple 'Limey' but how do both sides claim victory in this event?

Was it dark, maybe a thick fog or maybe both sides are colo(u)r blind!

Perhaps they were too drunk to remember who won or were they both engaged in some pschydelic trip and just thought they were there and they dreamt the result?

Maybe all of the above.

Hope you all had a great time.

Best wishes
Tony Gillott

tonygillott@yahoo.co.uk
Uncle Moish

Re: Elementary [Dear Limey]

Post by Uncle Moish »

The dichotomy stems from an innate human proclivity: WISHFUL THINKING!

Uncle Moish

P.S. My apologies for my title. The use of a word which could imply negativity about a group is hardly justified by the desire that someone canning message titles would become instantly aware of that to which I had responded.

mark@lgpltd.com
Larry Miller

Re: Elementary [Dear Limey]

Post by Larry Miller »

Markie,

For your information since you weren't present (though you were invited), it was truly a hair raising experience.

lmiller@salemglass.com
Uncle Moish

Re: Would Be Offended

Post by Uncle Moish »

But, Larry [a/k/a Mousey, or should we ask Puppy Doggy], since you are now eligible for the [hair] club, I take no offence.
En Baldias Veritas!
Sheitel Moish

mark@lgpltd.com
Pid

Post by Pid »

Do not believe the propaganda! The greens decisively won the 12th (13th?) Annual Newton Bowl.

Our MVP was either David "Ghandi" Ganick or Jeff "I am so much of a better athlete than my brother" Hecht.

I'm sorry that I missed the Brooklyn Bowl. It sounds like you all had a good time. I definitely intended on stopping by on the way to Strong Island from Boston (i.e., I was trying to be like Deion Sanders [without the athleticism] shuttling between the Falcons and Reds) except that I hit a TON of holiday traffic.

Maybe next year. GO GREEN!

Stew

stewman@oursquare.com
David 'Ghandi' Ganick

Post by David 'Ghandi' Ganick »

I believe it was decided on The Berman Files on ESPN.com, case # 24, that Jeff would be known as:

Jeff "You want a touchdown? Oh, what the" Hecht

dganick@bosben.com
Grant Hecht

Post by Grant Hecht »

First of all we all know which Hecht is a better athlete. Well atleast i can legally buy alcohol, right? Well I would say it was a good time had by most, and maybe next year if Elmer stays gray will have a shot. Yes I know he was on green, but what a handi-cap he was.

Grant

ghecht33@aol.com
Conrad Bane

Post by Conrad Bane »

With a few large exceptions (double entendre intended), the Newton Bowl is viewed an excuse to get together with friends, not to fight to the death in the name of the green or gray team.

That being said, the report on the game written by Mike Stone, which does, in fact, contain a tremendous amount of misinformation, is hardly worth reading.

Some people seem to be mixing up Rob Stone and Mike Stone, the person that wrote the article. Rob Stone and Mike Stone have as much in common Michael J. Fox the actor and Michael J. Fox the washed up, over-bearing Newton Bowl attendee.

The bottom line is that nobody won the Newton Bowl this year. Not Green. Not Gray. Nobody won.

conradbane@yahoo.com
Sid

Post by Sid »

Dude,

You are in serious need of a strong laxative. Loosen up !

mclevy@xpnonline.net
Uncle Neil

Post by Uncle Neil »

Sid,
If he loosened up, why would he need a laxative?

neilbrier@hotmail.com